Here’s the recipe for the cardamom buns that we ate in the woods on sunday. A crowd pleaser for sure!
- 100 g butter
- 5 dl milk
- 50 g yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1 1/2 dl sugar
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 750 g flour
To glaze: egg
Step by step
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and pour the milk in.
- Heat until it’s lukewarm.
- Stir the yeast into a bit of the milk.
- Add the remaining milk, salt, sugar, cardamom and flour. Blend. It’s done when it releases the bowl.
- Sprinkle a bit of flour on the dough. Cover with a towel. Let the dough rise for 30-40 minutes.
- Knead the dough in the bowl and then lay it on a floured surface. Knead the dough with the remainder of the flour.
- Roll and spread the dough into wheat buns.
- Place on greased plates, cover with a towel and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake the buns in the middle of the oven for 5 to 10 minutes at 225-250 degrees.
Having friends over or just want something extra with your buns? These Carnival buns has that little extra.
Hope you have a great day filled with positive energy!
x Live Henriette ©
2 thoughts on “Delicious cardamom buns”
Amazing pictures! Thanks for sharing this recipe! 🙂