Hi! For lunch yesterday I made a broccoli & boiled egg salad! If you fancy a tasty and different type of salat, here’s how:
This is my version of Jamie Olivers recipe. The link to his recipe is at the bottom of this post.
- 300 g tenderstem broccoli
- 200 g cauliflower
- 4 large free-range eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1 fresh red chilli
- olive oil
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then add the broccoli and cauliflower and cook until just tender (about 3 minutes)
- Fill a bowl with cold water, then lift the broccoli and cauliflower from the pan and into the cold water to cool. Keep the pan of water on the hob.
- Gently lower the eggs into the pan of boiling water and simmer for
8 minutes, or until they are just soft in the middle. Drain and set aside.
- Tip the broccoli and cauliflower into a colander, then cool the eggs in a fresh bowl of cold water for a few minutes.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of oil with the mustard, vinegar, plus 2 tablespoon of cold water and a little seasoning to make the dressing. Peel, then halve the eggs.
- Peel and thinly slice the garlic and trim and finely chop the chilli.
- Put 1 tablespoon of oil in the frying pan, place over a medium heat and fry the garlic for 30 seconds. Toss in the drained broccoli and cauliflower and cook for 2 minutes over a high heat, until starting to colour here and there.
- Spread the broccoli and cauliflower over a platter, then add the eggs. Scatter with the chilli, drizzle over the dressing and serve. Feel free to add anchovies as well.
x Live Henriette
Jamie Olivers recipe: