Today was spent baking and sitting at a café, catching up with a friend! There’s something special about waking up early, with the sun shining on your face. The sun is finally out and for the first time in what feels like forever we could enjoy sitting outside.
Here’s the recipe for the delicious buns that we baked today. Perfect for breakfast!
- 50 g yeast
- 25 g butter
- 5 dl milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 250 g quark or cottage cheese
- 3 dl oat bran
- 6 dl wholemeal flour, finely ground
- 6 dl flour
Oven temperature: 225 C
Step by step
- Crumble the yeast into a mixing bowl. Melt the butter, pour the milk and heat until it is lukewarm.
- Dissolve the yeast in a little of the liquid. Add the rest of the liquid.
- Puree cottage cheese and add to the bowl along with salt, honey, oat bran and flour. Knead the dough until it releases from the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth. Let the dough rise until doubled in size, 30-45 minutes.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface. Divide the dough into about 20 topics. Roll into buns.
- Turn them in oatmeal. Place on greased plates, or use baking paper. Place the cloth over the buns. Let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake them in the middle of the oven at 225 C for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Enjoy with your favorite toppings!
Hope you had a nice day and that you did something that made you happy!
x Live Henriette
3 thoughts on “A sunday spent baking”