Dinner time! Tomato soup is a classic and here’s the recipe I use.
- 2 shallots
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- about ½ red chilli
- Finely chop the shallots, garlic and chilli.
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 cans canned tomatoes
- 7,5 dl vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, cut in half lengthwise
- Put olive oil in a pan and fry the onion over medium heat until it’s smooth and soft.
- Towards the end add the garlic and chilli. Add as much chili and garlic as you prefer.
- Add the tomato puree and let it simmer for a few minutes
- Add the canned tomatoes and crush them easily with a spatula.
- Then add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil again.
- Let it simmer until the tomatoes are smooth. It takes about 15-20 minutes.
- Mix the soup with a blender until you get a smooth paste. Add more water or stock if you think the soup is too thick. Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Serve the soup with your favorite accessories.
my suggestions: corn, half a hard-boiled eggs (10 minutes), pasta, sour cream or creme fraiche, bread, garlic cream (recipe coming), fresh basil and parmesan
The options are endless.
You’re welcome! Enjoy
x Live Henriette