Whether you celebrate valentine or not you might just fancy a simple easy to bake chocolate cake. Treat yourself or someone you love. Here’s the recipe that my family have used for ages:
- 5x eggs
- 250 g sugar
- 160 g flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 dl water
- 400 g butter
- 1.5 dl cocoa powder
- 200 g icing sugar
- Turn the oven on to 180 degrees
- Whip 3 eggs and 250g sugar until it’s fluffy
- Mix 160g flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla sugar and 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Melt 200g butter and mix with 1 1/2 ml of water
- Pour into a mold. Place in the center of the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes (keep checking – I usually take it out of the oven a couple of minutes before the timers off)
- Mix 250g butter, 200g icing sugar, 1 cup cocoa powder (depends how much chocolate flavour you want) and 2 eggs. Whip well. This is for the topping.
- Take the cake out of the oven and leave it to cool down
- Place the mixture on the cake and serve
Hope you’re having a wonderful Valentines day and day in general!
x Live Henriette ©
Other Places To Find Me:
Youtube: Live Henriette
↓ Feel free to like & share ↓